We have a great guest post for you today. Barbora Knobova is joining us today to help us understand the meaning of life and your purpose in it. Barbora is the author of the relationship book, Tales for Delicous Girls. You can visit her website at www.barboraknobova.com.
Understanding the Meaning of Life and Your Purpose in Life
by Barbora Knobova, author of Tales for Delicious Girls
Many people search for the meaning of life but it is something we never really understand. The meaning of life is different to every person since we are all so unique. Other concepts that are very difficult to understand and describe include “true love” and your “true self”.
It is thought by some people that if you can understand true love and know your true self, you will have the meaning of life. Do you agree?
What is Your Purpose?
It is not easy to determine what your purpose in life is but it can help you find the meaning of your life. This may take little effort for some people while it may require a lot of digging and deep thinking for others. Your true purpose may or may not be something like your career. Your true purpose is only ruled by your heart, not by any rules.
1. Try brainstorming. Go somewhere quiet where you can think about yourself and your life. Make a note of everything that comes to mind about your true purpose. It may take some time but you can eventually figure out your true purpose if you do this.
2. Think about the things you enjoy. What are your favorite activities or your hobbies? Are they things that can become your purpose? It is a common misconception that changing a hobby into a job makes it less enjoyable. If you really enjoy what you do, this isn’t true.
3. Think about what skills and abilities you have. If you are talented or skilled in a certain area you may want to explore activities using these talents and skills.
Read up on the theory of Multiple Intelligence created by Howard Gardner. This theory says that there are many types of intelligence and some of them are different from what you usually think of as intelligence. It says we all have different types of intelligence.
4. Think about your happiness. Figure out if you are actually happy with your life right now. If the answer is yes, you probably have discovered your life’s purpose or will soon. If the answer is no, try to figure out what is keeping you from being happy. That way, you can do something to make your life better and make yourself happier.
5. Don’t hang onto regrets. You have to let your regrets go and move on. Regrets are not going to have any positive impact on your life. The only good thing about regrets is you can learn from them and they may lead you to your true purpose in life. Try not to repeat your mistakes and to figure out how to be a better person in the future.
6. Consider religion. Most religions have something to say about the meaning of life so think about what yours says. You can read up on other religions and their views on the meaning of life as well.
Do What Makes You Happy
Follow your bliss and you will soon discover your true purpose and you will be closer to understanding what the meaning of life is to you. Don’t let others dictate what your purpose is or what the meaning of life is to you. Listen to your heart and trust yourself.