by Sean McCartney
I first want to thank As the Pages Turn for allowing me to guest post today. My name is Sean McCartney and I am the author of the new young adult action adventure novel, The Treasure Hunters Club: Secrets of the Magical Medallions. My web site www.treasurehuntersclubbook.com has more information about the series but I wanted to let you know the top five things you need to know about The Treasure Hunters Club.
- Fast Pace Action– This adventure is intended to keep you on the edge of your seat. Secrets of the Magical Medallions combines the mystery of the Hardy Boys with the action and adventure of Indiana Jones and National Treasure.
- Cool Villains- Manuel de la Ernesto is the evil treasure hunter who uses the famous treasure hunter “Diamond” Jack Reed to help him get the medallions. What Jack and the others do not realize that Manuel is planning on using the medallions to gain ultimate power.
- Characters You Can Relate With- The Treasure Hunters Club is made up of everyday kids trying to get through middle school. There is someone for everyone, from Tommy Reed, the leader and dreamer of the club, to super smart Jackson Miller, and tougher than nails but still sensitive Shannon McDougal, the only girl in the club and big but loveable Chris Henderson. The inspiration for the club comes from the famous treasure hunter “Diamond” Jack Reed who is a cross between Indiana Jones and John Wayne.
- First In The Series- Secrets of the Magical Medallions is the first book in The Treasure Hunters Club series. The second book is due out May 7th of 2011.
- Teacher and School Friendly- On the web site there is a free downloadable Teacher’s Guide. The guide is based on the new National Standards. There will be a supplement to the guide for the second book. As a teacher I know the value of effective materials that can engage and help the students understand and appreciate the novel.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you take a chance on the series. It will be worth it, so join the club and enjoy the adventure.
Sean Paul McCartney (he’s not related to the Beatle) was born in 1971. He graduated from Alfred University in upstate New York with a Bachelor’s in Communications in 1993. From there he played two exciting season traveling around the world with the Washington Generals playing against the world famous Harlem Globetrotters. In 1996 Sean earned his Masters in Education and embarked on a career as a teacher. He is employed by Plain Local Schools in Canton , OH . The first book in the series The Treasure Hunters Club: Secrets of the Magical Medallions introduces the four teens Tommy Reed, Jackson Miller, Shannon McDougal and Chris Henderson. The series is a cross between The Hardy Boys and Indiana Jones with a touch of National Treasure. You can visit Sean’s web site at www.treasurehuntersclubbook.com or e-mail him at email@example.com. Visit his The Treasure Hunters Club: Secrets of the Magic Medallions Facebook Fan Page by clicking here!